I took about a dozen pictures to try to get this, and as it turns out, the first one was by far the best. Turning dials, using special settings, etc., apparently have less effect than luck if you don't actually know how to use your wife's fancy camera.
Oh well. But I think it turned out all right, considering that no photograph really looks like the original. Just imagine a cool morning breeze and a couple of thrushes (robins, but not) whistling in the trees:
Good morning indeed! Yes, it seems to rain almost every day here (with dramatic bursts of sunlight in between!), but if you don't mind a little drizzle every once in a while, Wikipedia suggests that this part of Germany is mild weather capital of the world. The average low in January is 27 F and the average high in July is 75 F. Seriously! You're never going to be hot here, and as long as you've got a couple of good sweaters and a week's worth of wool socks, you're not really going to be that cold either.
I think I'm just going to buy a farm outside of town, grow some corn (ack, more on that later), and settle down for the duration of always. I promise to build a house big enough for long-term visitors as well as little ones for the wife.
P.S.: Sunbursts are harder to photograph than I thought. Any tips?
Oh well. But I think it turned out all right, considering that no photograph really looks like the original. Just imagine a cool morning breeze and a couple of thrushes (robins, but not) whistling in the trees:
Good morning indeed! Yes, it seems to rain almost every day here (with dramatic bursts of sunlight in between!), but if you don't mind a little drizzle every once in a while, Wikipedia suggests that this part of Germany is mild weather capital of the world. The average low in January is 27 F and the average high in July is 75 F. Seriously! You're never going to be hot here, and as long as you've got a couple of good sweaters and a week's worth of wool socks, you're not really going to be that cold either.
I think I'm just going to buy a farm outside of town, grow some corn (ack, more on that later), and settle down for the duration of always. I promise to build a house big enough for long-term visitors as well as little ones for the wife.
P.S.: Sunbursts are harder to photograph than I thought. Any tips?
You are making me want to move to Germany right now! It sounds wonderful there. =] As for sunbursts, it depends on what you're going for. I can't necessarily tell you how to fix that, but I can pass some ideas along to Catherine if she doesn't already know how to fix it herself.
ReplyDeletei hope you're not joking about the farm.
ReplyDeleteOh man! I want to move!! Sounds a little like home (WA).
ReplyDelete